Thursday, April 01, 2010

Fear and Loathing in Hanover

I really hate having neighbors sometimes. Not all of them, of course. A lot of them are really good folks; decent people who help when things get rough. But there's just enough of the annoying nimrods to keep you wondering if you should move, or learn arson.

If I don't cut my grass enough, I get complaints. If I cut it with the wrong type of lawnmower, I get complaints (no kidding). If I have weeds, I get complaints. If I use weedkiller then I get complaints on when I use it. Or how I use it (I'm not sure).

We had a concern with an area business idling its engine outside our house, so we contacted the BBB. The business complained to our neighbor who used their service, and now the neighbor has complained to us. WTF? How do these nutjobs get involved in everything we do??

I tell you, it's time to build a giant killer robot.