Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wintergreen

We did a brief stint to Wintergreen, and it was a lot of fun. I don't ski, or snowboard, or even walk very gracefully, but the rest of the pack does. And I enjoyed watching them have fun.

Something I found entertaining, though, was when I was returning our ski equipment. The gentleman in front of me was trying to get his money back. He was in his late fifties, and in a foul mood. The woman behind the counter couldn't give him his money, but offered a raincheck to any of their outlets. He said he was never going skiing again, and left.

I asked the lady why he was mad. Seems the night before his wife somehow managed to get them evicted from their rental unit. Not sure how that was possible and still be out of jail the next morning.

Kinda wish I knew the rest of the story...